The finance department was established in 2006, when PSUT became financially and administratively independent of the Royal Scientific Society (RSS).
The PSUT Finance Department is mainly responsible for the following activities:
- Monitoring PSUT’s financial situation and the source of funding as well as controlling the disbursements of funds in the light of the proposed budget.
- Analyzing the funding and disbursement programs and prioritizing its elements in accordance with directions from the PSUT upper management.
- Prioritize the disbursements based on the available budget.
- Preparation of periodic financial reports for upper management.
- Preparation of the year-end financial statements.
- Preparation of PSUT budget in coordination with all relevant parties.
- Supervising the implementation of the proposed budget and preparing all required reports in this regard.
- Preparation and payment of PSUT monthly salaries.
- Handling receipts of tuition fees and other fees and depositing cash in bank accounts on a daily basis.
- Handling PSUT staff savings fund and its year-end financial statements.
- Preparation of strategic financial plans of PSUT.
- Managing joint projects with the European Union.
Finance Department Flow Chart