This program is expected to be a four year program leading to the degree of Doctorate of Philosophy in Computer Science. The program is hosted at the Computer Science department at King Hussein Faculty of Computing Sciences and is fully accredited by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education. The main objectives of the program are preparing PhD holders in computer science that are highly qualified as academics and researchers in the field of computer science and related areas; and providing the opportunity for local and regional good candidates who can- not pursue their graduate studies abroad due to financial reasons to do so.
The requirements for this degree is 54 credit hours divided into compulsory and elective requirements, the compulsory requirements are 21 credit hours for course work plus (18 credit hours) for the dissertation and the elective requirements are 15 credit hours. A comprehensive examination is required after the students finish the compulsory courses. The program is based on the course work and research approach.
Applicants for this program should fulfill the following requirements:
- A bachelor degree from an accredited university in computer science or related areas such as computer engineering, soft-ware engineering, graphic design with a rating of at least good or equivalent.
- A master degree from an accredited university in computer science or related areas such as computer engineering, soft-ware engineering, graphic design with a rating of at least very good or equivalent.
- English efficiency as required by the Jordanian Accreditation Commission.
Teaching Assistantships will be provided to students admitted to the program. These Assistantships will cover the tuitions in addition to reasonable monthly stipend.
- Tuitions: 300 Jordanian Dinars per credit. (1 JD ≈ 1.5 US dollars)
- Fees: 500 JD per semester.
- Application Fee: 100 JD.
- Living Expenses: Variable.