Career Guidance and Graduates Affairs Office - King Abdullah II Fund for Development
The King Abdullah II Fund for Development came up with the idea of creating offices in the Deanships of Student Affairs at Jordanian universities based on the guidance and vision of His Majesty King Abdullah II, may God protect him, that states the need to find a mechanism for communication, partnership and bridge the gap between the institutions and the local community of the labor market from one side and the university and students from the other side. In addition to providing technical advice in communication and methodologies for obtaining employment opportunities in order to enhance the marketing opportunities for university graduates. The offices link the student community, private sector institutions and civil society in accordance with his majesty vision. The offices were established in Jordanian universities to achieve the above mentioned vision and to prepare the students for the job market and through providing them with several training courses and programs that aim to improve their skills and personalities.
The office aims to achieve several objectives to help students in their lives and secure their future, these objectives can be summarized as below:
- Synchronization of the communication skills that the students learn and the labor market needs.
- Consolidate the work values, behaviors and job affiliation.
- Help students in securing permanent jobs after graduation or temporary jobs during the educational phase.
- Open communication channels with the community institutions and the private sector.
- Office is considered as the link between the King Abdullah II Fund for Development and university’s students. It includes them in the national programs and projects that are implemented by the Fund.
The office consists of the following units, in addition to the Head of Office:
- Career Guidance unit:
Performs the office and field work in cooperation with students and academic staff and it also advises students during their period of study in the university in the following areas:
- Job choices in the local and regional labor market.
- The convenience of the student’s professional capabilities and requirements of jobs and opportunities, and assisting students in the preparation of a professional plan.
- Contributing to increase students' jobs opportunities and lead them to institutions, training workshops and websites that help them to improve their skills and raise their competencies.
- Motivating students to participate in voluntary work and community service programs, which contribute in helping them to gain practical experience and get proper jobs.
- Preparing the guidance and career plan that fits with the university and students needs and the requirements of the labor market.
- Preparing the promotional and awareness plan for students regarding the career guidance services for students and implementing the plan and also documenting the outputs in accordance with the approved procedures and processes in the department.
- Hold several training courses and workshops in the field of career guidance for the students to provide them with the necessary skills that are needed for the labor market.
- Implementing career counseling sessions for individuals and groups and documenting them.
- Graduates Affairs Unit:
Performs the office and field work with the university graduates to update their information and enhance their relation with the university through:
- Follow-up with graduates at their work.
- Networking with the university alumni and students and organizing their activities and programs to benefit from their experience and their abilities and strengthening the relationship between them and the university.
- Documenting and updating the alumni database.
- Coordination with colleges and university departments in relation to the affairs of the students expected to graduate.
- Communicate with the authorities and institutions that are employing the university graduates.
- Contribute to the university career days to help in recruiting graduates and obtaining jobs.
Official organizations and private sector institutions which the Office deals with:
- King Abdullah II Fund for Development
A Memorandum of Understanding is signed with them in order to achieve the following:
- Train office staff and provide them with several skills through training courses in the areas of vocational guidance and communication systems, marketing and employment to enable them to provide the necessary services to students very well.
- Link the institutions that are concerned with students’ affairs and serve them through career guidance offices in Jordanian universities, to unify efforts in an organized manner.
- All Jordan Youth Commission
All Jordan Youth Commission is considered the youth arm of the King Abdullah II Fund for Development and works on conducting training workshops for young people at universities and youth organizations across many initiatives launched by the Authority.
- Jordan competitiveness program
A program funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) in the area of entrepreneurship, development and competitiveness. The office works with the Program through the King Abdullah II Fund for Development under the memorandum of understanding between them. The program aims to develop the work in the office to help the university students to acquire the necessary skills.
- Institutions and private companies that provide employment opportunities for graduate students
- Injaz Foundation which provides several programs and training courses to improve the students’ skills in communication, leadership and negotiation that help them to be engaged in the labor market.
- Maharat Program, provides paid training opportunities for graduates and secure permanent job opportunities for them that suit their specializations.
- The National Democratic Institute: Ana Osharek program seeks to enable students to identify the constructive dialogue and communicate effectively in different political matters, through conducting several training programs.This program is funded by the US Agency for International Development, USAID.
- The office also deals with many companies that offer training and consulting services, in order to provide good and beneficial programs for students that are concerned in providing the best services.
Tel: +962 6 535 9949 Ext: 120 Fax: +962 6 534 7295
P.O.Box 1438 Al-Jubaiha - Amman, 11941 Jordan
Tel: +962 6 535 9949 Ext: 349 Fax: +962 6 534 7295
P.O.Box 1438 Al-Jubaiha - Amman, 11941 Jordan
Graduates Division Coordinator
Mrs. Buthaina AL-Shiyyab
Tel: +962 6 535 9949 Ext: 117 Fax: +962 6 534 7295
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgP.O.Box 1438 Al-Jubaiha - Amman, 11941 Jordan