Council of High Studies
The deanship of higher studies and scientific research has a council which is specialized in looking into all issues pertinent to higher studies and scientific research at the university, as well as taking the necessary decisions related to them within the limits of its specialization and according to this panel. Particularly, the council assumes the following tasks:
- Suggesting the general policy of higher studies and its amendment, as well as its coordination in all the university s department and faculties and its implementation follow up after its approval.
- Suggesting internal panels with coordination with academic departments in connection with the organization of higher studies.
- Suggesting the bases of acceptance in higher studies as well as their implementation and follow up.
- Recommending licensing new programs and the coordination between them and the existing programs.
- Recommending the approval of higher studies study plans as well as the amendments or replacements of the plans and programs.
- Recommending the names of higher studies certificates in Arabic and English according to the recommendation of the faculty councils.
- Recommending granting scientific degrees.
- Deciding on all student issues pertinent the the higher studies students at the university.
- Agreeing upon the formation of supervising committees and those of discussing scientific theses.
- Setting the general frame for the research plan and the rules organizing how to write the scientific thesis as well as its printing, designing and presentation, together with the forms of discussion committee reports and thesis judgment.
- Evaluating higher studies programs at the university periodically, through specialized committees or commissions from inside or outside the university.
- Studying the periodic reports presented by the academic departments at the university.
- Looking into issues referred to the council by the university council, its president or the university president for studying and expressing opinion.
- Supervising the provision of financial support the research project from the university and external financing parties, as well as supervising grants given to higher studies students together with setting the criteria to select students deserving those grants.
- Suggesting scientific research policy at the university and its priorities, as well as presenting them to the dean’s council for approval.
- Looking into scientific research projects and the approval of these projects.
- Suggesting the bases which ensure keeping the rights of the university and the researchers in association with scientific research conducted at the university or with its participation or with the results of this scientific research, as well as forwarding them to the dean’s council for approval.
- Looking into licensing authored, investigated and translated manuscripts after their evaluation as well as recommending their publishing support.
- Setting the bases for cooperation and coordination with other entities concerned with scientific research.
- Discussing the allocations pertinent to scientific research to be considered in the university’s budget.
- Discussing the annual report of the deanship of higher studies and scientific research.
- Prof. Nihad Yusuf Chairman
- Prof. shafeeq hadad Member
- Prof .Arafat Awajan Member
- D. Belal sababha Member
- Prof. Ahmed Harb Member
- D. Mohamed Saydam Member