The Diwan is the main point of reference at the University, since it is the place where all documents and correspondence pertaining to the University are stored. Any document, whether issued from within the University or received from outside the University, can be retrieved and examined, smoothly and easily.
Mission: The Diwan is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Receipt and recording of all mail addressed to the presidency from all branches, centers and administrative units of the University, academic and technical centers, as well as documenting and re-distributing it to the concerned persons in an effective manner.
- Electronically recording incoming and outgoing mail to and from the University.
- Tracking of the University President’s correspondence, in terms of documenting and recording in the register of incoming mail, forwarding it to the President, as well as ensuring that any required follow-up procedures are carried out.
- Archiving all incoming and outgoing correspondence and taking the necessary action for each piece of correspondence, as well as being prepared to retrieve any item on demand.
- Follow-up of all correspondence sent to or received by third parties via courier or regular mail.
- Receipt of all Fax correspondence to the University, as well as the copying of all faxed letters, documenting them and sending them to the person(s) concerned.
- Direct responsibility for sending and follow-up of correspondence issued by the administrative units to all University centers and units.
- Filing correspondence and documents, maintaining the files and numbering the file contents.