The Department of Sporting Activities
This department is one of the most important within the Deanship. The University has teams for men and women in a wide range of sports such as football, basketball and chess. PSUT teams have won top rankings in various local and international competitions. The role of the department is to instill and consolidate a healthy attitude regarding physical education and sports activities, and to raise awareness about sports culture among university students, encouraging them to raise their level of physical fitness and skills by making good use of their free time.
Services provided by the Department
1. Attracting athletically outstanding students at all levels in the sports of football, basket, chess, etc.
2. Encouraging students to practice the sports activities of their choice and training them according to their skill levels, following specific programs.
3. Focusing on athletically outstanding students, and working to attract them to represent the University in local and international sporting events, through the provision of sports scholarships covering up to 75% of tuition fees.
4. Providing outdoor sports facilities including football, volleyball and basketball courts, as well as indoor facilities including a gym (fitness and body building) as well as a multipurpose hall (table tennis, billiards, and chess).
5. Organizing and supervising internal tournaments in different games between the University’s Schools.
6. Organizing and supervising blood donor campaigns.
7. Running courses and publishing pamphlets to raise awareness of the importance of sports and exercise.
Head of sports Activity
Sport supervisor assistant