About the Fund
Princess Sumaya University for Technology offers financial aid in a variety of ways to University students facing financial difficulties that may prevent them from continuing their university career.
The Student Support Fund receives and reviews financial aid applications from students, applies the set criteria, and determines each applicant’s eligibility for financial assistance.
Decisions also depend on the availability of adequate financial resources to provide financial assistance to students. While the University contributes a fixed percentage of its budget to the Student Support Fund, it also accepts support from individuals and institutions that wish to contribute to providing aid to worthy students in their educational careers.
The Student Support Fund and financial aid:
The Fund strives to provide a quality service to attract and enroll students, aiming to increase access to a university education for undergraduate students who have financial difficulties that may otherwise prevent them from achieving their educational goals.
The conditions for receiving financial aid:
Firstly: In order to receive a study grant, the student must meet the following conditions:
a. His financial situation should be such that he unable to pay the University fees.
b. He should be a regular, full-time student at the University.
c. No disciplinary procedures should have been brought against him/her, from a warning and above, for the two semesters preceding the semester in which he is applying for a grant. The summer semester is not considered a study semester in this regard.
d. His cumulative average in any one semester should be no less than 68%, and the summer semester is not considered a study semester in this regard.
e. New students are exempt from conditions (c) and (d) of this Article.
f. In the case of a new student, the High School average or equivalent should be no less than 80%.
Secondly: If the student's grant is stopped as a result of his / her cumulative average dropping below 68%, he / she may reapply for a grant in the semester following that in which the required average is achieved.
Please be aware of these very important notes:
- Submission of an application does not necessarily mean that the application will be accepted, and the student’s status will be updated after the Student Support Fund Committee’s decision has been issued.
- Financial aid is available for the maximum period permitted for a student to fulfill the graduation requirements for the program in which he/she is enrolled.
- The period for which financial aid is paid includes the summer semester even if the student is not registered during the semester.
Required documents to apply for financial aid:
- A certified copy of the Family Book.
- A document showing the income of all family members.
- A bank statement showing all family accounts for a full year.
- A document from the Social Security Corporation showing any salary paid to the parents.
- A document from the Directorate of Civil and Military Retirement for the parents.
- A document from the Department of Lands and Survey showing any immovable property owned by the parents and the student.
Reasons for stopping financial aid payments:
- If the student's grant is stopped as a result of his / her cumulative average dropping below 68%, he / she may reapply for a grant in the semester following that in which the required average is achieved.
- No disciplinary procedures should have been brought against him/her, from a warning and above, for the two semesters preceding the semester in which he is applying for a grant. The summer semester is not considered a study semester in this regard.
- Student support is not given for repeated courses or those taken by the receiving student from outside his/her academic plan; therefore, the student must bear payment of these credit hours.
Application dates :
- The first semester of the academic year.
- The second semester of the academic year.