Dr. Ayman Rashad Rashid Yasin is a dynamic and active PhD holder in Linguistics, equipped with a wide scope of exposure to languages & dialects of Arabic and linguistic theories built through teaching different college courses and undergoing professional training. He received his PhD in Linguistics from Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, in 2012 (GPA 3.93), after obtaining a M.A in Linguistics from the University of Jordan in 2006 (GPA 4.0). Currently serving at PSUT, Dr. Yasin is responsible for liaison between the Coordination Unit for Service Courses and visiting foreign faculty members, assisting them to make a smooth transition to Jordanian university life (Mr. Andrew Fichter and Mr. Sam Chung in 2014/2015 and Samuel Bockoven and Yu-Hui Huang in 2015/2016). He is also assisting in the development of the new English and Arabic website for PSUT, enabling the University to better showcase itself to the world, as well as translating news for the University website. He is working on the preparation of an outline, teaching methodologies and course description for teaching English for IT graduates. The course, entitled, “English for IT”, is offered through USAID to help Jordanian graduates expand their employment options. “English for IT” is a joint project between JEI (Jordan Education Initiative) and MENA that represents USAID to help Jordanian graduates find better job opportunities.
Head of Coordination Unit for service courses
King Talal School of Business Technology
Coordination Unit for Service Course
- 'Syntax-Prosody Interface: Wh-movement in Jordanian Arabic and Egyptian Arabic'. 2012.Studies in the Linguistic Sciences: Illinois Working Papers. Proceedings of the fourth meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society, Urbana Champagne, Illinois, USA. pp. 37-52.
- 'The Acquisition of Negative Morphemes by Jordanian EFL Learners'. 2013. Arab Journal for the Humanities, 127(32) 2014. Kuwait University, Kuwait. السنة : 32 العدد : 127 2014 http://pubcouncil.kuniv.edu.kw/ajh/homear.aspx?id=8&Root=yes
- The Translation of Active Participles and Hyperbolic Patterns into English. 2014. The Islamic University Journal of Humanities, Gaza.
- Deglottalization in Jordanian Arabic: Syntax-Prosody Interface. 2014. Dirasaat: Human and Social Sciences, University of Jordan, Jordan.
- Liaison in Jordanian Arabic and Standard Arabic: Syntax-Prosody Interface. International Journal of Linguistics, Vol. 6, No. 5, 2014. Las Vegas Nevada. http://www.macrothink.org/journal/index.php/ijl/issue/current. Copyright © Macrothink Institute ISSN 1948-5425 pp. 22-36
- Cognate Accusatives: Lost in Translation. European Scientific Journal (ESJ). Vol 10, No (26) 2014. http://eujournal.org/index.php/esj/issue/view/151. ISSN: 1857 – 7881 (Print)e - ISSN 1857- 7431 pp/ 327-353.
- Auxiliary Behavior in Jordanian Arabic