The idea of establishing the Office for Careers Guidance and Alumni Affairs and the King Abdullah II Fund for Development in Jordanian universities came as a result of the directives of His Majesty King Abdullah II Bin Al Hussein. The aim is to help students make sound decisions regarding their lives and career paths by providing numerous services and training programs that help them develop their skills and prepare them for a successful entrance into the labor market.
Princess Sumaya University of Technology, having comfortably reached the height of excellence, is fully deserving of having its story of greatness told, and we therefore offer it to you with pleasure and pride. PSUT is a pioneering educational institution that combines excellence and innovation in all its fields of study. The University focuses on ensuring students a high level of education in all disciplines, which will enable them to contribute to the building of their country and keep pace with continuous global development. The University offers a range of academic disciplines designed specifically to suit the aspirations of young people at this time, enabling them to achieve their goals and build their future on solidacademic grounds.This is in line with the vision of HRH Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan, Chair of the University’s Board of Trustees, in encouraging creativity in the preparation of outstanding graduates, trained in unique specializations that keep abreast of the rapid technological development currently being witnessed by the world of technology and knowledge.
The major objective of the Office for Careers Guidance is to contribute to providing a suitable university environment for students to learn and acquire the expertise and skills that will increase their employability. This objective can be further broken down into the following sub-divisions:
1. Providing counseling services to students, offering the appropriate guidance and advice to help them evaluate different academic qualifications and the career-related demands that currently dominate the labor market in Jordan.
2. Providing current University students and graduates with the opportunities to enhance their abilities and skills through training courses commensurate with the requirements of the labor market.
3. Promoting active civil involvement among University students through their participation in volunteer programs and projects that have a positive impact on their communities.
4. Strengthening partnerships between the public and private sectors, NGOs, international organizations and the University.
- Individual careers guidance:
- Group careers guidance:
- Individual e-careers guidance:
- Group Directive:
- Job-seeking and work skills.
- Training in entrepreneurial and self-employment skills.
- Training communication skills.
- Language training.
- Computer Application Training.
- Awareness, Community and Volunteer Programs.
- In-service training for employment purposes.
- Volunteer Opportunities.
- Part-time employment.
- Careers Exhibition.
- Recruitment websites and companies.
- Alumni Database.
- Organizing Alumni Meetings (Alumni Conference, Alumni Forum).
- Follow-up of graduates’ career status.
- Data and studies.
- Success Stories.