The Foreign Student Services Office was established within the Deanship of Student Affairs at PSUT under the directives of HRH Princess Sumaya Bint El Hassan.
The Office is an important university facility that provides services and organizes activities for our students of various Arab and foreign nationalities who have selected PSUT as the place to pursue their university studies.
The Office is fully aware of the ongoing vital role entrusted to it and thus works around the clock to provide the support that helps students of different nationalities to adapt and fit in with their new university and community environment smoothly and easily. This relieves them of any difficulties that may arise from a feeling of alienation and assists them to achieve their goals and aspirations to the fullest.
Services provided by the Foreign Student Services Office:
- Receiving newly arrived students and assisting them in the admission and registration procedures.
- Monitoring all matters related to the official transactions and procedures concerning students' residency in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and customs exemptions.
- The Office assists students to find suitable housing and facilitates groups of students seeking shared accommodation.
- The social aspect: The Office organizes a forum for international student friends, which provides them with opportunities to meet with each other to exchange experiences and benefit from each other. It is an open forum for both international and Jordanian students.
- Sports: The Office works with the Sports Activity Department in preparing programs for sports tournaments and friendly meetings between international students.
- Health: Monitoring the health conditions of students who may suffer from a health problem, whether with the PSUT Health Center or other hospitals, and ensuring that the student receives all necessary treatment.
- The president’s meeting with international students: During the academic year, the Office organizes a meeting between international students and PSUT’s president, giving them the opportunity to raise and discuss any issues and problems they may be facing. The Office then works to help the students overcome any such difficulties and solve their problems.
- The cultural aspect: The Office organizes many cultural activities that serve to integrate international students into the local community. The aim is to enhance their knowledge by learning about the cultures of other students and getting to know their customs and traditions. The most important of these activities is the annual International Student Festival, which includes booths representing the participating countries. Also, the Office prepares a periodical magazine specially for international students.
- Student compatibility: The Office regularly conducts a survey to determine the level of compatibility of international students, and to identify problems that students may confront in the academic, economic, social, emotional and health fields. The Office also organizes activities in cooperation with the Community Service Office aimed at developing students’ social and psychological aspects via programs which serve various sectors of Jordanian society, such as caring for orphans, the disabled, and the elderly.
- The Office organizes several trips to many cultural, tourist and archaeological sites in the Kingdom.
We extend a warm welcome to our fellow international students at Princess Sumaya University.
The Officer for International Student Services
Mrs. Noor Karmol
Tel: 9949 535 6 (962+) Fax: 7295
P.O. Box 1438 Al-Jubaiha 11941 Jordan