Information Systems Security and Digital Criminology M. Sc. - Vision, Mission and Goals
Excellence and leadership in the educational, professional and research fields in Information Systems Security at the regional and global level. A commitment to effectively meet the needs of the society.
The Department of Computer Science at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) offers a Master of Science program in Information Systems Security and Digital Criminology (ISSC) in response to the growing needs for this specialization globally, regionally and locally. The Master program in ISSC aims to prepare students to acquire scientific, theoretical and technical capacity for dealing with institutions and companies facing the risk of growing much of their information systems and computer networks to cybercrimes that are punishable by the laws.
M.Sc Information Systems Security and Digital Criminology PLOs - Student Outcomes
- Describe a variety of cyber security concepts, threats and perspectives.
- Describe best practices in developing secure systems, and demonstrate awareness of applications to make systems more immune to attacks.
- Analyse, evaluate and manage risk and security in cyber security scenarios.
- Conduct research in the field of cyber security.
- Recognise codes of practice, ethical and legal issues related to information and cyber security, and appropriately address these issues.
- Evaluate and analyse networked systems and devices and perform forensic investigations, penetration and vulnerability testing.