In view of the importance given to academic advising at PSUT, a special division has been formed to monitor this task at the Deanship of Admissions and Registration, and it carries out the following tasks:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the implementation of the academic advising process at the University, in addition to raising awareness of the process.
- Raising the University's competitiveness in academic advising according to international standards.
- Establishing an advanced infrastructure, enhancing cooperation between all Schools, and forming working teams for academic advising and raising awareness of its importance.
- Disclosure and publication of the rules and regulations governing study, examinations and all matters related to academic services.
- Monitoring the publication of study plans and ensuring that any new amendments to them are publicized.
- Supervising the advisor’s role in the academic advising process and monitoring his/her performance via a range of tools (office hours).
- Assisting students to adapt to university life and learn about its environment, as well as providing them with current information about majors and educational policy at the University.
- Providing the necessary support to students who are facing difficulties in their academic careers.
- Taking care of outstanding students and providing the necessary assistance to enhance their capabilities and support their creativity.
Keeping open channels of communication with students via social networking sites.