Dr. Amjed Almousa, a senior IEEE member, and an associate professor of computer engineering at PSUT since 2012. He received his Ph.D. from Santa Clara University, M.Sc. from Virginia Tech, and B.Sc. from the University of Jordan all in Electrical Engineering. Dr. Almousa combines this academic experience with more than 13 years of industry experience in Silicon Valley. He started his career by working at Intel and later moved to PDF solutions. After that, he assumed a senior manager position for data analytics at SEVEN networks. Dr. Almousa has served twice as the head of the department and was part of developing two M.Sc. programs in Data Science and Intelligent Systems. He developed course content in the fields of Cloud Computing, Big Data, and Machine Learning. His research interests are in the field of intelligent systems and machine learning with varying applications from UAVs and robotics to smart grids.
King Abdullah II School of Engineering
- Belal Sababha, Amjed Al-mousa, Remah Baniyounisse, Jawad Bdour "Sampling-Based UAV Air Traffic Integration, Path Planning and Collision Avoidance", The International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, Feb - 2022.
- Amjed Al-Mousa and Haneen Saleh "An intelligent IoT-Based Architecture Towards Efficient Healthcare Facilities", International Journal of Computing and Digital Systems, accepted Sep 2021.
- Mutaz Al-Tarawneh and Amjed Al-Mousa "Adaptive User-Oriented Fuzzy-Based Service Broker for Cloud Services", Journal of King Saud University - Computer and Information Sciences, Accepted - Nov. 2019.
- A. Faza and A. Al-Mousa, PSO-Based Optimization toward Intelligent Dynamic Pricing Schemes Parameterization, Sustainable Cities and Society, 51, November 2019.
- A. Al-Mousa, B. Sababha, N. Al-Madi, A. Barghouthi and R. Younisse. UTSim: A framework and simulator for unmanned aerial vehicle air traffic integration, control, and communication, The International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, 16(5), September 2019.
- W. Gharbieh and A. Al-Mousa, Robotic Obstacle Avoidance in a Partially Observable Environment Using Feature Ranking, International Journal of Robotics and Automation, 34(5), September 2019.
- A. Al-Mousa, Cloud computing: Bridging the link between industry and the classroom. The International Journal of Electrical Engineering & Education, Published online Jun-2019.
- Amjed Al-Mousa, Ayman Faza "A fuzzy-based customer response prediction model for a day-ahead dynamic pricing system", Journal Sustainable Cities and Society, Vol. 44, 2019, Pages 265-274, DOI: 10.1016/j.scs.2018.10.014.
- A. Al-Mousa, D. L. Niemann, D. J. Niemann,N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “Analysis of Atomic Force Microscopy Data for Surface Characterization Using Fuzzy Logic” Journal of Material Characterization, Vol. 62, No. 7, July 2011, Pages 706–715, DOI: 10.1016/j.matchar.2011.04.001.
- A. Al-Mousa, D. L. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “Systematic Quantitative Characterization of Surface Nanostructures by Scanning Probe Microscopy of Thin-Films” Journal of Experimental NanoScience, Vol. 6, No. 5, 2011, pages 451-463, DOI: 10.1080/17458080903531039.
- Al-Mousa, A. H. Nayfeh, and P. Kachroo, “Control of Rotary Cranes Using Fuzzy Logic,” Shock and Vibration, Vol. 10, No. 2, 2003, pp. 81-95.
- Z. N. Masoud, A. H. Nayfeh, and A. Al-Mousa, “Delayed Position-Feedback Controller for the Reduction of Payload Pendulations of Rotary Cranes,” Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 9, 2003, pp. 257-277.
- Mahmoud Atari and A. Al-Mousa “A Machine-Learning Based Approach for Detecting Phishing URLs”, IDSTA 2022, San Antonio, Texas, USA. [Undergrad Student Project]
- Ayman Faza and A. Al-Mousa, "An Analysis of Profits and Savings in Generation Cost for Different Dynamic Pricing Schemes", JEEIT 2021, Jordan. 10.1109/JEEIT53412.2021.9634138.
- Abdulrahman Atwah and A. Al-Mousa, "Car Accident Severity Classification Using Machine Learning", 3ICT'2021, Bahrain, 29-30 Sep, 2021. (Remote) [Undergrad Student Project]
Nour Abdelhadi and A. Al-Mousa, "Diabetes Detection Using Machine Learning Classification Methods", ICIT'2021, Amman, Jordan, 14-15 July, 2021. (Remote) [Undergrad Student Project]
Sewar Khalifeh and A. Al-Mousa, "A Book Recommender System Using Collaborative Filtering Method", Data'2021, Petra, Jordan, 5-7 April, 2021. (Remote) [Undergrad Student Project] https://doi.org/10.1145/3460620.3460744 https://doi.org/10.1145/3460620.3460744
Lina Ahmad and A. Al-Mousa, "Identification of Donald Trump’s Tweets Using Machine Learning", SSD-CPS'2021, Monastir, Tunisia, 22-25 March, 2021. (Remote) [Undergrad Student Project]
- Zain Bitar, Amjed Al-Mousa, “Prediction of Graduate Admission using Multiple Supervised Machine Learning Models” IEEE SouthEastCon 2020, Raleigh, NC, USA, March 2020. (Remote)[Undergrad Student Project]
- Rahma Atallah and A. Al-Mousa, "Heart Disease Detection Using Machine Learning Majority Voting Ensemble Method", ICTCS 2019, Amman, Jordan Oct-2019. [Undergrad Student Project]
- A. Al-Mousa and O. Al-Dweik, "A Machine Vision Fuzzy-Based Technique for Detection of Defected Pores in AFM Images", The IEEE Jordan International Joint Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (JEEIT). Amman, Jordan April 2019. [Undergrad Student]
- A. Al-Mousa and A. Alzoubi, "Intelligent Offloading of Reports Processing in Aging Mobile Devices", The 3rd IEEE conference on Cloud & Big Data Computing. San Francisco, USA Aug 2017.
- Al-mousa, "Cloud Vs Mobile Device based Reporting Optimization", First International Engineering Conference, Amman 2014.
- A. Elkilani, B. Elsheikh Ali, R. Abu Romman, A. Al-mousa, B. Sababha “Resident-Aware Green Home”,ICASICA 2014. [Undergrad Students Project]
- K. Abughalieh,W. Qadi,K. Melkon, B. Fakes, B. Sababha, A. Al-mousa “A Compact Portable Object Tracking System”, ICICS 2014.[Undergrad Students Project]
- Al-mousa, D. L. Niemann, D. J. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman “Surface-Independent Structure Characterization using Fuzzy Logic”, ISDRS 2009.
- Al-Mousa, D.L. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “Systematic Quantitative Characterization of Surface Nanostructures”, NSTI 2009.
- Al-Mousa, D.L. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “A Comprehensive Approach for Quantitative Characterization of Nanosturctures by Scanning Probe Microscopy”. MRS Spring 2009.
- Al-Mousa, D.L. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “A Crystal Recognition Methodology for Systematic Quantitative Characterization of Nano-Scale Crystals”. Proc. Mat. Res. Soc., V8.17, March 24–28, 2008.
- A. Almousa, S. Mourad, "Delay Faults in Dual-Rail, Self-Reset Wave-Pipelined Circuits", MWSCAC 2007.
- A. A. Al-Mousa, A. H. Nayfeh, and P. Kachroo, “Control of Rotary Cranes Using Fuzzy Logic,” 18thBiennial ASME Conference on Mechanical Vibration and Noise, DETC2001/VIB-21598 Pittsburgh, PA, September 9-12, 2001.