Dr. Awos Kanan, an assistant professor, has been working at the Department of Computer Engineering at Princess Sumaya University for Technology since 2018. Currently, he is the Head of the Computer Engineering Department. He received his Ph.D. from University of Victoria (Canada), M.Sc. and B.Sc. from Jordan University of Science and Technology (Jordan), all in Computer Engineering. Dr. Kanan has more than 15 years of academic experience in Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Canada. He started his career as a teaching assistant and lab supervisor at Philadelphia University (Jordan) in 2004, and then joined the Department of Computer Engineering at the University of Jordan as a full-time lecturer in 2006. He then moved to Saudi Arabia to join the Department of Computer Engineering at Salman Bin AbdulAziz University as a full-time lecturer from 2009 to 2014 before moving to Canada to complete his Ph.D. Dr. Kanan was appointed as a post doctoral fellow and sessional lecturer at the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Victoria, Canada. Dr. Kanan's research interests are in Data Mining, Parallel Computing, Hardware Acceleration for Big Data processing, Applied Machine Learning, Meta-Heuristic Optimization Algorithms, and Computer Networks. He is a member of IEEE and Jordanian Engineers Association (JEA).
King Abdullah II School of Engineering
- Awos Kanan, Fayez Gebali, Atef Ibrahim, and Kin Fun Li, "Design of Scalable Processor Array Architecture for Similarity Distance Computation using Nonlinear Scheduling and Projection Techniques", to be submitted, IET Computers & Digital Techniques, 2020.
- Awos Kanan, Fayez Gebali, Atef Ibrahim, and Kin Fun Li, "Low-Complexity Scalable Architectures for Parallel Computation of Similarity Measure", Scientific Programming, vol. 2019, Article ID 3185137, 11 pages, 2019.
- Narges Attarmoghaddam, Kin Fun Li, and Awos Kanan, "FPGA Implementation of Crossover Module of Genetic Algorithm", Information, Vol 10, no. 6, 2019.
- Awos Kanan, Fayez Gebali and Atef Ibrahim, "Design Space Exploration of 2-D Processor Array Architectures for Similarity Distance Computation", IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 28, No. 8, pp 2218-2228, Aug 2017.
- Awos Kanan, Fayez Gebali, and Atef Ibrahim, "Fast and Area-Efficient Hardware Implementation of the K-means Clustering Algorithm", WSEAS Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Vol. 15, pp 133-142, 2016.
- Eldos, Taisir, Waleed Nazih, and Awos Kanan. "Maximally Distant Codes Allocation Using Chemical Reaction Optimization and Ant Colony Optimization Algorithms." Journal of Computer Science 11.8 (2015): 892.
- Awos Kanan, Taisir Eldos, Mohammed Al-kahtani, “Mobile Ad Hoc Networks Routing Using Ant Colony Optimization”, World of Computer Science and Information Technology Journal (WCSIT), Vol. 3, No. 6, pp 105–109, 2013.
- Taisir Eldos, Mohammad Khubeb Siddiqui and Awos Kanan, “On The KDD’99 Dataset: Statistical Analysis for Feature Selection”, Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery. Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.88–90, 2012.
- Ahmad Dalal’ah, Samir Bataineh, and Awos Kanan, “Improving TCP Performance over Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, International Journal of Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (IJITST). Volume 1 No. 1,2, PP.137–159, 2010. Inderscience Publishers, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Awos Kanan, Fayez Gebali, Atef Ibrahim, and Kin Fun Li, "Scalable and Parameterizable Processor Array Architecture for Similarity Distance Computation" , In 10th International Conference on Information and Communication Systems (ICICS), pp. 245-249. IEEE, 2019.
- Awos Kanan, Fayez Gebali, Atef Ibrahim, and Kin Fun Li , "Linear Processor Array Architectures for Similarity Distance Computation" In IEEE Jordan International Joint Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (JEEIT), pp. 614-621. IEEE, 2019.
- Faisal Alshanketi, Issa Traoré, Awos Kanan, and Ahmed Awad, "Adaptive Mobile Keystroke Dynamic Authentication Using Ensemble Classification Methods" , In International Conference on Intelligent, Secure, and Dependable Systems in Distributed and Cloud Environments, pp. 38-49. Springer, Cham, 2018.
- Taisir Eldos, Awos Kanan, Abdulla Aljumah , Solving The Printed Circuit Board Drilling Problem By Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm, In the Proceedings of International Conference on Soft Computing and Applications,ICSCA'13, San Francisco - CA, USA, 2013.
- Awos Kanan, Ahmad Dalal‟ah, Samir Bataineh. TCP Performance in Ad Hoc Networks. In International Conference for Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (ICITST 2008), June 21–23, Ireland, 2008.