Bushra Alhijawi is an assistant professor in the Data Science department at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT). She received her Ph.D. degree in computer science from PSUT, Jordan in 2021 and graduated with 2nd class Honor. She received her Master's degree in Information Systems and Innovation from Hashemite University, Jordan in 2017 and graduated with 1st class Honor. She has a B.Sc. degree in Computer Information Systems from Al-Albayt University, Jordan, in 2015 and graduated with 1st class Honor. She is pursuing research on web intelligence, recommender system, machine learning, and optimization.
King Hussein School of Computing Sciences
- B. Alhijawi and A. Awajan. Novel Textual Entailment Technique for the Arabic Language Using Genetic Algorithm. Computer Speech & Language. 68, 2021.
- B. Alhijawi, G. Al-Naymat, N. Obeid, and A. Awajan. Novel predictive model to improve the accuracy of collaborative filtering recommender systems. Information Systems, 96, 2021.
- B. Alhijawi And Y. Kilani. A Collaborative Filtering Recommender System Using Genetic Algorithm. Information Processing & Management. 57(6), 2020.
- B. Alhijawi And Y. Kilani. The Recommender System: A Survey. International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms. 15 (3), 2020, 229-251.
- B. Alhijawi, Y. Kilani and A. Alsarhan. Improving Recommendation Quality and Performance of Genetic-Based Recommender System. International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms. 15 (1), 2020, 77-88.
- B. Alhijawi. Improving collaborative filtering recommender system results and performance using satisfaction degree and emotions of users. Web Intelligence and Agent Systems 17(3), 2019, 229-241.
- Z. Salah, A. Al-ghuwairi, A. Baarah, A. Aloqaily, B. Qadoumi, M. Alhayek and B. Alhijawi. A Systematic Review on Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis in Social Media. International Journal of Business Information Systems. 31 (4), 2019, 530-554.
- B. Alhijawi. Improving Collaborative Filtering Recommender System Results using Optimization Technique. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Advances in Artificial Intelligence (ICAAI 2019), pp. 183-187, ACM, 2019, Istanbul, Turkey. Has been selected as the best oral presentation of this conference.
- B. Alhijawi, G. Al-Naymat, N. Obeid, A. Awajan. Mitigating the Effect of Data Sparsity: A Case Study on Collaborative Filtering Recommender System. In: Proceedings of 2019 2nd International Conference on new Trends in Computing Sciences (ICTCS), IEEE, 2019, Amman, Jordan.
- B. Alhijawi, N. Obeid, A. Awajan, and S. Tedmori. Improving collaborative filtering recommender systems using semantic information. In: Proceedings of the ninth International Conference on Information and Communication Systems (ICICS), pp. 127-132. IEEE, 2018, Irbid, Jordan.
- Y. Kilani, B. Alhijawi and A. Alsarhan. Using Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Collaborative Filtering Recommender Systems: Survey. International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms. 11 (3-4), 2018, 378-396.
- B. Alhijawi, S. Hriez and A. Awajan. Text-based Authorship Identification - A survey. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Innovation in Information and Communication Technology. 2018.
- B. Alhijawi and H. Douglass. A conceptual framework of e-loyalty in social-based e-commerce. International Journal of Business Information Systems 26 (4), 2017, 413-431.
- B. Alhijawi and Y. Kilani. Using Genetic Algorithms for Measuring the Similarity Values between Users in Collaborative Filtering Recommender Systems. In: Proceedings of the 15th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer an Information Science (ICIS 2016), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2016, Okayama, Japan.
ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION:
- B. Alhijawi and G. Al-Naymat A Novel Positive Multi-Layer Graph-based Method for Collaborative Filtering Recommender System. Journal of Computer Science and Technology.
- B. Alhijawi. Dominion Algorithm- A novel metaheuristic optimization method. International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms.