Majd G. Batarseh received her B.Sc. degree from the University of Jordan in 2004 and the M.S.E.E. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Central Florida (UCF), Orlando, in 2007 and 2010, respectively, all in Electrical Engineering. She was the recipient of the most prestigious Presidential Fellowship at UCF where she worked on industry and government funded research projects as a Research Assistant at the University of Central Florida and with the Florida Power Electronics Center from 2006 until 2009. Upon graduation, she briefly worked as projects assistant in a UK based owner and operator of purpose-built self-propelled jack-up vessels for offshore Wind Turbine installations at the North Sea and in 2013, she joined Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), Amman Jordan. Dr. Batarseh currently serves as the Head of the Computer Engineering Department at PSUT and is also an Assistant Professor at the Electrical Engineering Department – Electrical Power and Energy Engineering Program, where she teaches electrical engineering classes, mentors and supervises BSc and MSc students and conducts research focusing on Power Electronics, Renewable Energy Systems mainly Photovoltaics, Smart Grids and education. She also participates in many European funded Capacity Building projects.
Assistant professor Electrical Engineering Department
King Abdullah II School of Engineering
· Papers in refereed journals
- Batarseh, MG; Za'ter, ME “A MATLAB Based Comparative Study Between Single and Hybrid MPPT Techniques for Photovoltaic Systems” International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER), 9, 2019, Pages 2023 – 2039.
- El-Faouri, FS; Alzahlan, MW; Batarseh, MG; Mohammad, A; Za’ter, ME “Modeling of a microgrid’s power generation cost function in real-time operation for a highly fluctuating load” Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory Vol. no. 94, 2019, Pages 118-133.
- Batarseh, MG; Za'ter, ME; “Hybrid maximum power point tracking techniques: A comparative survey, suggested classification and uninvestigated combinations” Solar Energy Vol. no. 169, 2018, Pages 535-555.
- Faza, A.; Batarseh, MG; Abu-Elhaija, W.; “Upgrading power and energy engineering curricula in Jordanian universities: A case study at PSUT”, International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, Vol. no. 54 (1), 2016, Pages 57-81.
- Batarseh, M.G.; Al-Hoor, W.; Huang, L.; Iannello, C.; Batarseh, I., “Window-Masked Segmented Digital Clock Manager- FPGA Based Digital Pulse Width Modulator Technique”, IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol. no. 24, Issue 11, 2009 Page(s): 2649 – 2660.
· Books and Book Chapters
- Batarseh, M G, “Components of Electric Energy Systems” in Raquel Zanol (Ed), “Electric Renewable Energy Systems”, 2015, Pages 21 – 39. London: ELSEVIER
- Abu Aisheh, A; Batarseh, M G; “DC – DC Converters” in Raquel Zanol (Ed), “Electric Renewable Energy Systems”, 2015, Pages 337 – 352. London: ELSEVIER
· Conference Presentations
- Alzahlan, M.W.; El-Faouri, F.S.; Batarseh, M.G.; Mohammad, A.; Za'ter, M.E “Particle Swarm Optimization of a Microgrid's Cost Function Involving Distributed Generation and Highly Fluctuating Load”,. IEEE Jordan International Joint Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (JEEIT), 2019, pages 319 – 324.
- Za'ter, M.E; Batarseh, M.G.; “A New Multiplexed–First–Stage Sequential Hybrid MPPT Approach for Photovoltaic Systems”, 19th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering, 2019, Pages 1-6.
- Okkeh, Y; Masoud, B; Batarseh, MG; “Addressing the Design Stages of an Underground Energy Harvesting System from the Unconventional Source of Street Moving Vehicles” Energy and Sustainability for Small Developing Economies (ES2DE) proceedings, 2018, Pages 1-6.
- Gericota, M; Andrieu, G; Dalmay, C; Batarseh, MG; Fidalgo, A; Ferreira, P; “E-Engineering: from concept to reality”, Proc. 10th Intl. Conf. on Education and New Learning Technologies, 2018, Pages 1256-1261.
- Gericota, M; Ferreira, P; Fidalgo, A; Andrieu, G; Al-Zoubi, A; Batarseh, MG; Garbi-Zutin, D; “e-LIVES–Extending e-Engineering Along the South and Eastern Mediterranean Basin”, International Conference on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation, 2018, Pages 244-251.
- Shboul, A; Safi, I; Alhawamdeh, S; Batarseh, MG “Discussing Single Phase PWM Voltage Source Inverters with Different Frequency Modulation” in Proc IEEE 4th International Symposium on Environment-Friendly Energies and Applications – EFEA, 2016, Pages 1 – 5.
- Batarseh, M.G.; Shobaki E.; Batarseh I., “A Dynamic Linearly–Shifted, Fixed–Slope Digital–Ramp Control Technique for Improved Transient Response in DC – DC Converters” in Proc IEEE 4th International Conference on Electric Power and Energy Conversion Systems (EPECS), 2015, Pages1-6.
- Siri, K.; Chen, F.; Batarseh, M.G.; “Unified maximum power tracking among distributed power sources”, in Proc IEEE 29th Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 2014, Pages 2985 – 2992.
- Batarseh, M.G.; Shobaki, E.; Xiang, F.; Haibing, H.; Batarseh, I., “New Digital Control Technique for Improving Transient Response in DC–DC Converters” in Proc IEEE 13th Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design: Architectures, Methods and Tools (DSD), 2010, Pages 793 – 796.
- Zhijun, Q.; Abdel-Rahman, O.; Hamilton, C.; Batarseh, M.G; Batarseh, I., “An integrated four-port converter for compact and efficient hybrid powersystems”, in Proc IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2010, pp : 2207 – 2210.
- Batarseh, M.G.; Al-Hoor, W.; Haibing, H.; Huang, L.; Batarseh, I.; “Dynamic DC Ramp Shift Digital Control Technique for Improved Transient Response” in Proc. IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, ECCE 2009, Pages 3536–3543.
- Batarseh, M.G.; Al-Hoor, W.; Huang, L.; Iannello, C.; Batarseh, I., “Segmented Digital Clock Manager- FPGA based Digital Pulse Width Modulator Technique”, in Proc IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC 2008, Pages 3036–3042.
- Abu-Qahouq, J.; Batarseh, M.G; Huang, L.; Batarseh, I., “Analysis and Small Signal Modeling of a Non-Uniform Multiphase Buck Converter”, in Proc. IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC 2007, Pages 961–967.
- Batarseh, M.G; Xiangcheng, W.; Batarseh, I.; “Non-isolated Half Bridge Buck Based Converter for VRM Application”, in Proc. IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC 2007, pp. 2393–2398, June 2007.
- Xiangcheng, W.; Hua, Z.; Batarseh, M.G; Batarseh, I.; Chickamenahalli, S.A.; Stanford, E. “Active transient voltage compensator design for VR load line improvement”, in Proc. IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, APEC, 2006, Pages 59 – 64.