Dr. Nailah Al-Madi received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from North Dakota State University in 2014 with GPA 4.0/4.0 and a master’s degree in Computer Science from Jordan University of Science and Technology, and she ranked first in the BSc from Al al-Bayt University. She has more than 25 papers published in prestigious journals and international conferences. She won several awards such as the Best Teacher award (2019), the Doctoral Dissertation Award (2013), and was selected as one of the top 10% of students during her PhD study (2012). She also supervised many winning projects in several local and international competitions. She Supervised and discussed many master’s students in several universities. Her research interests include; Optimization and Evolutionary Computation, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and Wireless Sensor Networks/ IoT
King Hussein School of Computing Sciences
+962 6 5359 949
+962 6 7295 534
[8 Journals, 16 Conferences, 1 Book Review]
- Nazeeh G., Hossam F., Ruba A., Pedro A. C., Nailah A., Antonio M. M., Ala’ M. A. & Ahmad H., “Cost-sensitive ensemble methods for bankruptcy prediction in a highly imbalanced data distribution: a real case from the Spanish market”, Progress in Artificial Intelligence, 2020.
- Aljarah I, Habib M, Faris H, Al-Madi N, Heidari AA, Mafarja M, Abd Elaziz M, Mirjalili S. A “Dynamic Locality Multi-Objective Salp Swarm Algorithm for Feature Selection”. Computers & Industrial Engineering. 2020.
- Al-Mousa, A., Sababha, B.H., Al-Madi, N., Barghouthi, A. and Younisse, R. “UTSim: A framework and simulator for UAV air traffic integration, control, and communication”, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, 16(5), p.1729881419870937, 2019.
- Al-Madi, N., Faris, H., & Mirjalili, S.. “Binary multi-verse optimization algorithm for global optimization and discrete problems”. International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 1-21, 2019.
- Aljarah, I., Faris, H., Mirjalili, S., Al-Madi, N., Sheta, A., & Mafarja, M.. “Evolving neural networks using bird swarm algorithm for data classification and regression applications”. Cluster Computing, Springer, 2019.
- Nailah Al-Madi, Hossam Faris, Ruba Abukhurma, “Cost-Sensitive Genetic Programming for Churn Prediction and Identification of the Influencing Factors in Telecommunication Market”, International journal of advanced science and technology, 2018.
- Aljarah I., Faris H., Mirjalili S. and Al-Madi N. “Training radial basis function networks using biogeography-based optimizer”. Neural Computing and Applications (Springer). pp 1-25. 2016.
- Faris H., Aljarah I., Al-Madi N. and Mirjalili S. “Optimizing the Learning Process of Feedforward Neural Networks Using Lightning Search Algorithm”. International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools. ), Volume 25, Issue 3=6, pp 1650033 (32 pages).2016
- Othman Istaiteh, Tala Owais, Nailah Al-Madi, Saleh Abu-Soud, “Machine Learning Approaches for COVID-19 Forecasting”, The International Conference on Intelligent Data Science Technologies and Applications (IDSTA2020), 2020
- Eman Al Nagi, Nailah Al-Madi, “Predicting Students Performance in Online Courses using Classification Techniques”, The International Conference on Intelligent Data Science Technologies and Applications (IDSTA2020), 2020
- Altarazi A., Al-Madi N., and Awad F., "Geometric-Based Localization for Wireless Sensor Networks", proceeding of 11th International Conference on Information and Communication Systems (ICICS), Irbid, Jordan, pp. 108-112, 2020.
- Mais Yasin, Nailah Al-Madi, “Improved Swarm Intelligence Optimization using Crossover and Mutation for Medical Classification”, proceeding of ICTCS, 2019.
- Amaal R. Al Shorman, Hossam Faris, Pedro A. Castillo, J.J. Merelo, and Nailah Al-Madi, “The Influence of Input Data Standardization Methods on The Prediction Accuracy Of Genetic Programming Generated Classifiers”, The 10th International Joint Conference On Computational Intelligence, 2018
- Mais Yasin, Nailah Al-Madi, Nadim, Obeid, “Optimizing Neural Networks using Dragonfly Algorithm for Medical Prediction”, The 8th international conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT), 2018.
- Ruba Al-Jundi, Mais Yasin, Nailah Al-Madi, “Thunderstorms Prediction using Genetic Programming”, To appear in the 2ⁿᵈ International Computer Sciences and Informatics Conference (ICSIC), 2017.
- Ibrahim Alafeef, Fahed Awad, Nailah Al-Madi, “Energy-Aware Geographic Routing Protocol with Sleep Scheduling for Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks”, 14th International Conference on Smart Cities: Improving Quality of Life Using ICT & IoT (HONET-ICT), 2017.
- Mais Yasin, Ruba Al-Jundi, Nailah Al-Madi, “Optimized ANN-ABC for Thunderstorms Prediction”, to appear in The International Conference on new Trends in Computing Sciences (ICTCS), Octobar,2017.
- Dima Suleiman, Arafat Awajan, Nailah Al-Madi, “Deep Learning Based Technique for plagiarism detection in Arabic texts”, to appear in The International Conference on new Trends in Computing Sciences (ICTCS), Octobar,2017.
- Ghaith Bilbeisi, Nailah Al-Madi, Fahed Awad, “A Multi-Robot Path Planning and Obstacle Avoidance Algorithm”, In Proceedings of IEEE Jordan Conference on Applied Electrical Engineering and Computing Technologies (IEEE AEECT '15), 2015
- Nailah Al-Madi, Ibrahim Aljarah, and Simone A. Ludwig, “Parallel Clustering Glowworm Swarm Optimization Algorithm Based on MapReduce”, Proceedings of IEEE Symposium series on computational intelligence (SSCI), Florida, USA, December 2014.
- Nailah Al-Madi and Simone A. Ludwig, “Scaling Genetic Programming for Data Classification using MapReduce Methodology”, Proceedings of Fifth World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (IEEE NaBIC), Fargo, ND, USA, August 2013.
- Nailah Al-Madi and Simone A. Ludwig, “Segment-based Genetic Programming”, Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (ACM GECCO'13), Amsterdam, the Netherlands, July 2013.
- Nailah Al-Madi and S. A. Ludwig, "Improving Genetic Programming Classification For Binary And Multiclass Datasets", Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI), Singapore, April 2013.
- Nailah Al-Madi and S. A. Ludwig, "Adaptive Genetic Programming applied to Classification in Data Mining", Proceeding of Fourth World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (IEEE NaBIC), Mexico City, Mexico, Nov. 2012.
- Al-Madi Nailah, “Mike Preuss: Multimodal optimization by means of evolutionary algorithms”. Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines (Springer), Volume 17, Issue 3, pp 315-316. 2016
* For more details please visit my profiles on: