Welcome to my page! I am an assistant professor of Data Science at PSUT as of September 2020. Previously, I worked as a consultant data scientist with UNICEF, UNHCR, and other UN organisations. Before that, I worked for almost 10 years as bio-statistician, epidemiologist, and econometrician in Saudi Arabia, and the United Kingdom. My main research interest is the applications of Data science and machine learning in the Medical field and social studies.
King Hussein School of Computing Sciences
- Michela Gnaldi, Osama Abdelhay, Simone Del Sarto. Guiding Assistance and Support Interventions for Refugees on Account of their Vulnerability. ECPR conference, Wrocław, Poland, 2019.
- Ayla Tourkamni, Turki alharbi, Osama Abdelhay, Abdulaziz Bin Rasheed, Abdulrahmani K Al-Asmari, Hesham I Alkhashan, Sarah N Abuhaimed, Najeebuddin Mohammed, Abdulrhman N AlRasheed, Nouf G. AlHarbi. The Association of Metformin use with Vitamin B12 Deficiency and Peripheral Neuropathy in Saudi Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. PLoSOne, 2018. 10.1371/journal.pone.0204420
- Ayla Tourkmani, Osama Abdelhay, Turki Alharbi, Saad Abattal, Abdel Rahman Alrasheed. Impact of Ramadan focused education program on medication use for patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2018 July 10.
- Tourkman AM, Alharbi TJ, Rsheed AM, AlRasheed AN, AlBattal SM, Abdelhay O, Hassali MA, Alrasheedy AA, Al Harbi NG, Alqahtani A. Hypoglycemia in Type 2 DM patients. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2018 Apr 12.
- Tourkmani AM, Abdelhay O, Alkhashan HI, Alaboud AF, Bakhit A, Elsaid T, et al. Impact of an integrated care program on glycemic control and cardiovascular risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes in Saudi Arabia: an interventional parallel-group controlled study. BMC Family Practice. 2018;19(1):1.
- Turki Alharbi, Ayla Tourkamni, Osama Abdelhay, et al. Clinical audit for the adherence to Safety Monitoring for Pioglitazone Use in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes in the Al-Wazarat Primary Care Center, Saudi Arabia, Clinical Audit Journal, Dove Press. 2017
- Osama Abdelhay, Ayla Tourkmani, Turki Alharbi, Saad Albattal, "Effect of integrated care services on glycemic control and cardiovascular risk factors". ISRCTN83437562 DOI 10.1186/ISRCTN83437562. 22/09/2016.
- Turki J. Alharbi, Ayla M. Tourkmani, Abdulrhamn N,Al Rasheed, Aboud F. Alaboud, Ahmed Bakhiet, Osama Abdelhay. "Effect of integrated care services in Glycemic Control and Diabetic Nephropathy", IJCRIMPH, May 2016.
- Osama Abdelhay, Abdelfattah Tamimi, Qusai Abdelhay, Mutaz Tamimi, Marwan Manajreh. Knowledge and awareness of antibiotics use and misuse among Saudi population: An intervention study protocol. International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare, BMJ, London 26th – 28th April 2017
- M. Altamimi, O. Abdelhay, R.A. Rastall, Effect of oligosaccharides on the adhesion of gut bacteria to human HT-29 cells, Anaerobe, Volume 39, June 2016, Pages 136-142, ISSN 1075-9964, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.anaerobe.2016.03.010.
- Abdulrahman Al Rasheed, Umar Yagoub, Hesham Alkhashan, Osama Abdelhay, Ahmad Alawwad, Aboud Al Aboud, and Saad Al Battal, "Prevalence and Predictors of Self-Medication with Antibiotics in Al Wazarat Health Center, Riyadh City, KSA," BioMed Research International, vol. 2016, Article ID 3916874, 8 pages, 2016
- Rabaa K. Al Momen, Mishal M. Alotaibi, Osama Abdelhay. Patient Enablement in Chronic Diseases in Primary Health Care, Riyadh City, KSA. International Journal of Clinical Medicine. September/2015.
- Rabaa K AlMomen, Osama Abdelhay, NouraA Alrowais and Tarek Elsaid. Evaluation of patient with chronic disease using patient assessment of chronic illness care questionnaire (PACIC) in Riyadh, KSA. International Journal of Current Advanced Research. Sep/2015.
- Hisham Ibrahim AlKhashan, Osama Abdelhay, Mohammed Sroor AlHarbi, Zuwayed Abdulla AlZuwayed, Umar Yaqoub, Turki Nassar AlNassar, Mohammed Ahmed AlShehri and Fahad Hassan AlJuraisi. Health Reasons for Rejection among 2,518 New Military Recruits in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: A Cross-sectional Study. Epidemiology: Open Access. Feb/2015.
- Enas Abdulhay, Osama A. Tamimi Development of a simulator for patient-ventilator interaction in non-invasive mask ventilation. BHI 2012: 882-885
- Barnett GC, Elliott RM, Alsner J, Andreassen CN, Abdelhay O, Burnet NGB, Chang-Claude J, Coles C, Dunning AM, Gutiérrez-Enriquez S, Kerns S, Raabe A, Symonds P, Seibold P, Talbot C, Yarnold J, Rosenstein B, West CML, Bentzen SM. Meta-analysis of Radiogenomics Consortium studies shows no association between a SNP regulating TGF-β1 secretion and late radiotherapy toxicity, Radiother Oncol, 2012 Dec /2012.
- Osama Abdelhay, Michela Gnaldi, Simone Del Sarto. Guiding Assistance and Support Intervention for Refugees on Account of Their Vulnerability. European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR). General Conference Wrocław (2019).
- Abdulaziz Alrabiah, Tarek Elsaid, Osama Abdelhay, Awarness, knowledge, and application of Saudi Asthma management guidelines at a primary healthcare centre. The 1st IMC International Family Medicine Summit and Saudi/Arab Board Review Course. 25th – 27th October 2016.
- Al-Hakami M, Afifi A, Abdelhay O, Main factors associated with vitamin D deficiency among patients attending Wazarat Primary Health Center, PSMMC, KSA, Journal of Health Specialists, April/2015
- Alabbas F, Abdelhay O, Reasons for couples to proceed with marriage after testing positive to Sickle Cell Disease. Arab Haematologists Congress, Abu Dhabi, 5-7 Feb/2015