Dr. Rafat Hammad has more than 22 years of experience in both academia and industry. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Software Engineering at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT). He received the B.S. degree in Computer Science from the University of Jordan (Amman) in 1997, and the M.Sc. degree in Computer Science from Central Michigan University (USA) in 2002, and the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Informatics from Oakland University (USA) in 2015. He worked as a software developer with two large IT companies in Michigan (USA) between 2001 and 2015. His main research interests include: data engineering, information retrieval, data science, and healthcare systems.
King Hussein School of Computing Sciences
- Abed-alguni, Bilal H., Noor Aldeen Alawad, Malek Barhoush, and Rafat Hammad. "Exploratory cuckoo search for solving single-objective optimization problems." Soft Computing (2021): 1-14.
- Rafat Hammad, Malek Barhoush, and Bilal H. Abed-alguni, "A Semantic-Based Approach for Managing Healthcare Big Data: A Survey", Journal of Healthcare Engineering, 2020
- Rafat Hammad and Mustafa Banikhalaf, " A Parallel Approach for Managing XML-based Electronic Medical Records ", 15th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications AICCSA 2018
- Mustafa Banikhalaf, Rafat Hammad, Ahmed Al-Dubai, and Baraq Ghaleb, "An Adaptive Warning Message Scheme for Emergency Vehicles using Vehicular Ad hoc Communication", International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2018
- Anas AlSobeh, Rafat Hammad, and Abdel-Karim Al-Tamimi, "A Modular Cloud-based Ontology Framework for Context-aware EHR Services", International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, 2018
- Rafat Hammad and Ching-Seh Wu. ‘Provenance for Business Events’, International Journal of Big Data Intelligence (IJBDI), Vol. 1, No. 4, pp.205–214, 2014.
- Rafat Hammad and Ching-Seh Wu, "Provenance as a Service: A Data-Centric Approach for Real-Time Monitoring", in the 3rd IEEE International Congress on BigData (BigData 2014), Anchorage, Alaska June 2014.
- Mohammad-Reza Siadat, Rafat Hammad, Anil Shetty, Ishwar Sethi, et al., "DTI Data Modeling for Unlimited Query Support" SPIE'09 Medical Imaging Symposium, Advanced PACS-based Imaging Informatics and Therapeutic Applications Conference, Proc. of SPIE, vol. 7264, pp. 1-10, Orlando, Florida, 7-12 February 2009.
- Gongzhu Hu and Rafat Hammad, "Querying and indexing XML documents”, Journal of Computational Methods in Science and Engineering, IOS Press, pp 219-233, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2005.