ASHRAF TAHAT (S’97-M’02-SM’10) is a Professor in the Department of Communications Engineering at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) and the Vice-Chairman of IEEE Jordan Section. Prof. Tahat earned his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology (Illinois Tech), Chicago, USA, where he also received a Ph.D. in 2002, with a focus on communications and signal processing. Dr. Tahat joined PSUT in 2005, where he participated in establishing the department of Communications Engineering and served as the Head of the Department from 2010 to 2012. Dr Tahat was also a Visiting Professor with McGill University in Montreal, Canada, in the Department of ECE, conducting research on modern communications systems (2012-2013). From 2002 to 2003, he was an Adjunct Professor at IllinoisTech, Chicago, USA. Before completing his doctoral studies, he was at Bell Labs-Lucent Technologies Inc (Nokia Networks), the Concept Center, working on first generation ADSL modem prototypes. He was also a senior staff engineer at 3Com Corporation in Illinois, USA, at the Personal Communications Division (1998-2000). Prof. Tahat is a Senior Member of IEEE, Eta Kappa Nu, and Tau Beta Pi honor societies.
King Abdullah II School of Engineering
- An Analysis of a Stochastic ON-OFF Queueing Mobility Model for Software-Defined Vehicle Networks, IEEE Trans. Mobile Computing, vol. 19, pp. 1-14, November 2020.
- Performance Analysis of Variant MIMO Systems Over 3-D Vehicular to Vehicular Channel, IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 73250-73258, April 2020.
- A Comparative Performance Evaluation of Machine Learning Algorithms for Fingerprinting Based Localization in DM-MIMO Wireless Systems Relying on Big Data Techniques, IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 109522 - 109534, June 2020.
- "Simplistic Machine Learning-Based Air-to-Ground Path Loss Modeling in an Urban Environment, Proc. Fifth International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC 2020), July 2020, pp. 158-163.
- A Look at the Recent Wireless Positioning Techniques with a Focus on Algorithms for Moving Receivers, A Tahat, G Kaddoum, S Yousefi, S Valaee, F Gagnon, IEEE Access 4 (DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2606486), PP. 6652 - 6680, 2016.
- Channel Estimation Using Subspace Decomposition for SC-FDMA Systems, C D'Amours, B Champagne, A Dahmane, A Tahat, IEEE 80th Vehicular Technology Conference, Vancouver, Canada. 2014
- Blood Pressure Measurement and Management Telemedicine System Based on a Smart-Phone. A Tahat, Y Kheetan, A Sacca, International Journal of Online Engineering 9 (5), 2013
- Subspace Decomposition Approach to Multi-User MIMO Channel Estimation in SC-FDE Systems, A Tahat, B Champagne, C D'Amours, Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 2013. PIMRC 2013. IEEE, 2013.
- Enhanced Practical Wireless Communications Education via Blended Instructional Tools. A Tahat, A Jamal, M Kalbouneh, iJIM 7 (2), 63-72, 2013.
- LTE-A Down-Link Performance Analysis Deploying Different MIMO Antenna Configurations, A Tahat, S Al-Kokhon, IEEE Standards Education eMagazine, 1-8, 2013.
- Statistical tuning of Walfisch-Ikegami propagation model using particle swarm optimization, A Tahat, M Taha, 2012 19th IEEE Symposium on Communications and Vehicular Technology Benelux, 8 2012
- Blending of learning tools for enhanced practical wireless communications education,
A Tahat, A Jamal, M Kalbouneh, H Jaber, Interactive Mobile and Computer Aided Learning (IMCL), 2012 International, 1 2012
- Android-based universal vehicle diagnostic and tracking system, A Tahat, A Said, F Jaouni, W Qadamani, Consumer Electronics (ISCE), 2012 IEEE 16th International Symposium on, pp. 137-143,33 2012
- Design of an integrated mobile system to measure blood pressure,
A Tahat, A Sacca, Y Kheetan, 2011 18th IEEE Symposium on Communications and Vehicular Technology in the Benelux, 4 2011.
- Analysis of propagation models at 2.1 GHz for simulation of a live 3G cellular network,
AA Tahat, YA Alqudah, Wireless Advanced (WiAd), 2011, 164-169,5 2011.
- Channel estimation in a DMT based power-line communication system using sparse Bayesian regression, AA Tahat, NP Galatsanos Proc. Int. Conf. Robotics, Control and Manufacturing Technology, 104-109, 2 2011.
- Path loss and propagation models at 3.5 GHz using deployed WiMAX network
- YA Alqudah, A Tahat, The International Conference on Information Networking 2011 (ICOIN2011), 301-305, 19 2011.
- Solar Energy Water Heater Remote Monitoring and Control System, A Tahat, M Abukhalaf, O Elmuhesen, Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA), 6 2011.
- A matrix scheme to extrapolation and interpolation for a 4G MIMO OFDM system, AA Tahat, Vehicular Technology Conference Fall (VTC 2010-Fall), 2010 IEEE 72nd, 1-5, 3 2010.
- Relevance vector machines for DMT based systems, AA Tahat, NP Galatsanos, Electronics, Communications and Computer (CONIELECOMP), 1 2010.
- Relevance vector machines for enhanced BER probability in DMT-based systems, AA Tahat, NP Galatsanos, Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering 2010, 26, 3 2010.
- A wireless ranging system for the blind long-cane utilizing a smart-phone, AA Tahat, Telecommunications, 2009. ConTEL 2009. 10th International Conference on, 111-117, 14 2009.
- Body temperature and electrocardiogram monitoring using an SMS-based telemedicine system AA Tahat, Wireless Pervasive Computing, 2009. ISWPC 2009. 4th International Symposium, 6 2009.
- Mobile messaging services-based personal electrocardiogram monitoring system, AA Tahat, International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications 2009, 4.