The Apollo Art Club was established in 2018, with the aim of bringing art enthusiasts together at the university and building a platform that allows students talented in drawing and art to display their works, and view the works of other members. The club supports members to develop their technical skills through its activities and meetings. It also takes care of holding artwork exhibitions, informing students about competitions and motivating them to participate in them, and holds training sessions in art.
The club’s activities and achievements:
- 18/11/2020 - Participation in the ‘International Day of Islamic Art’ organized by the Ministry of Culture. The students took part in the event by creating works based on Islamic art.
- Rama Abu Hadi Souad Al-Qarnawi
- Juman Abu Eid Aseel Sabry
- Souad Al-Qarnawi
- Organizing weekly meetings aimed at the exchange of opinions and ideas, announcing upcoming activities and events, as well as training courses needed to teach students and expand their art skills and knowledge.
- Organizing a monthly prize as an incentive for students to produce work during this semester, to encourage activities, and showcase their artistic talents.
- Organizing a competition for the most beautiful artwork to motivate students to develop their artistic talents.
- April 2021 – The club organized a freestyle art competition for Jordanian universities, with the participation of approximately 30 paintings from numerous Jordanian public and private universities.
The winning painting, by PSUT student Ahmed Koussa
- 21/12/2020 – The club organized a joint competition between the Astronomy Club and the Art Club to draw the Great Conjunction between the planets Jupiter and Saturn.
- 17/11/2021 – The club organized an art activity entitled Free Drawing, held on the PSUT campus. A number of students participated in the activity, which aimed to give students something fun to do outside of studying, and also discover new talents among students and bring them to the club.