The club was established in 2018, and it aims to raise awareness of cybersecurity issues among PSUT students, and Jordanian society as a whole, seeking to raise their technical level so that they are able to compete in relevant regional and international competitions.
The club’s activities and achievements:
- Second place in the Middle East in the Collegiate Penetration Testing Competition (CPTC)
17/10/2020 - The tournament specializes in training students in the field of penetration testing through an ethical penetration environment similar to reality. The competition was held remotely, and focused on the field of penetration testing of industrial systems control. The Dubai Technology of Institute of Rochester hosted the 24-hour competition virtually with the participation of 17 universities from around the world.
- Organizing the CSC Capture the Flag competition (CSCCTF) which specializes in the field of network and information security. The competition aimed to enhance the academic level and cultural awareness of the field of information and network security and to give the contestants a unique scientific experience.
- Information security training continues at all levels throughout the year.
- Providing training workshops on information security at various levels throughout the year.
- A reception was held the new academic year. In attendance were the previous year’s administrative body and the new administrative body. The meeting included a discussion of the club’s plan and activities for the forthcoming year.
- The club began holding training courses , with the aim of helping club members to build a scientific base in information security at the beginner and intermediate levels.
- The PSUT team won first place in the Middle East regional qualifying round in the Collegiate Penetration Testing Competition (CPTC) organized by Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), Dubai. This victory was won by the student team consisting of Rahaf Hujair, Amer Jarrar, Omar Al Shoha, Majd Al Asfar, Yazan Jaber, and Waleed Barakat who trained under the supervision of Dr. Ashraf Ahmad and Dr. Muhammad Ababneh.