King Hussein School for Computing Sciences works to qualify highly skilled graduates who can compete and produce creative work in the field of computing sciences. That is achieved through providing a distinguished learning system that complies with international standards, and establishing an environment that promotes learning and creativity. We also strive to make ultimate use of technology and active local and regional partnerships in order to contribute to the development of the knowledge society and achievement of national goals.
- Quality and excellence: The pursuit of distinction and improvement is ongoing, always taking into consideration compliance with the highest accreditation standards and quality assurance. This can be achieved through the analysis of outcomes to pinpoint any problem areas, and setting in place the most suitable solutions for continuous improvement.
- Equity and integrity: Treatment of all School employees according to unified and clear standards with no prejudice, bias, or discrimination.
- Transparency and accountability: Credible, honest documentation and publication of the School's plans and performance reports, and immediate response to all related enquiries.
- Institutional work: The School is committed to working as one team on all levels and in every aspect of the university’s work.
- Loyalty and affiliation: Strengthening the sense of loyalty and affiliation at the institutional level.
- Continuous excellence in teaching and learning improvement:
- Improving academic programs while taking into consideration market needs.
- Encouraging the usage of different and variant learning resources and references.
- Making effective use of the academic advising system in the School.
- Develop and improve highly qualified teaching faculty and administrative staff:
- Hiring qualified and distinguished teaching faculty who studied or served in recognized universities.
- Developing the different skills of the School's teaching faculty, and administrative and technical staff.
- Motivating teaching faculty and administrative and technical staff to strive towards excellence and efficiency of work.
- Develop graduates' competitive capabilities:
- Recruiting outstanding students to enroll in the School.
- Preparing students to enter competitive local and international markets.
- Motivating students to be involved in scientific research work.
- Structuring and organising students’ activities.
- Encourage high quality scientific research:
- Creating an adequate and energetic research environment.
- Highlighting the culture of collaborative research work.
- Connecting scientific research work with industrial market needs.
- Apply the standards of quality assurance and acquire academic accreditation:
- Emphasising the effectiveness of the teaching process through local and international accreditation of the School's programs.
- Applying quality assurance standards.
- Ensuring local and international academic accreditation.
- Participate in community service and create partnerships, locally and internationally:
- Participating in the build of knowledge society.
- Encouraging extracurricular activities to serve the local community.
- Creating partnerships to enrich the learning experience and increase the chances of employment.
- Building partnerships with local and international education institutions.
Upon completing their selected program at the King Hussein School of Computing Sciences, students are expected to be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.