FAQs about Admission to PSUT

* How do I get information about admission?

All details are available on the “Your Admission” platform on the main page of the university website: www.psut.edu.jo

* How can I apply to the university?

Applications to the university are made online through the online student portal.

* How do I fill out the form?

You can fill out the form in Arabic or English. You must fill in all the required fields for your application to be accepted.

* If I make a mistake while filling in the information in my application, can I correct it?

The information must be correct otherwise your application will be canceled even if you have been issued with an acceptance notification. Therefore, be sure to check the information and confirm it before sending it, so that you can correct it at that time.

* Do you have a student guide that contains all the study plans, course descriptions and the jobs that graduates might enter after studying the specialization?

Yes. Click on the following link to see the: Student Guide

* What is the next step after submitting the application?

Wait for a phone call or e-mail informing you of the entrance exam date.

* Do all applicants have to take the entrance exam?

Yes, all applicants must take the exam, regardless of their high school average.

* Upon completion of the entrance exam, where should I go?

If you pass the entrance exam successfully, an appointment will be made for your interview with the School committee.

* I am outside Jordan and cannot travel. How can I take the entrance exam?

You can stay where you are, and we will carry out the necessary steps through the Zoom program, where we will specify the time and date for the exam and the interview.

* How can I find out my admission result?

First, you must successfully pass the entrance exam and the interview. After that, lists of accepted candidates will be issued every two weeks. The first list of those accepted will be issued one week after the Tawjihi exam results are announced.

* How is admission decided? My average is 90%.

Your admission depends on the following:

  1. You must pass the entrance exam, and the interview.
  2. Competition between high averages in each batch.
  3. The number of vacancies available in the specialization.

* If I am not accepted in the batch with which I applied, do I reserve my right to be considered in the next batch?

Yes, your name will be on the waiting list in your batch, and you will enter the competition with the following batch.

* When is the first admission list issued?

As we explained previously, the first admission list is issued a week after the Tawjihi results in Jordan, then it is followed by a list approximately every two weeks.

* If I am accepted, how do I submit the required documents?

High school documents, or certified copies, must undergo equivalency from the Jordanian Ministry of Education, and the papers must be submitted in full. 

* What is the next step for submitting documents?

After submitting the documents, go to the online application. The fees are calculated according to the number of credit hours registered. The number of credit hours should not be less than 12 hours (13 hours for Engineering specializations) and not more than 16 hours. After that, the fees are paid by electronic payment. 

* When does study begin?

 You can see the university calendar.

* I am a student studying at a university outside Jordan. Can I transfer to your university?

Certainly, if you fulfill the required conditions and meet the PSUT admission requirements. 

* Will you accredit the courses that have been studied at another university?

Yes, dependent upon the course description and study plan for the specialization to which you are admitted, and provided that the university in which you studied is recognized by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.

*Can I come to the university?

You are most welcome at any time. Please note that everything you wish to know can be found on the “Your Acceptance” platform.

* I am a non-Jordanian student, do I have an exception?

Yes, non-Jordanian students have an exception for admission based on the competitive average specified for each specialization, according to the admission policy issued by the university in each academic year.

* Are there any grants and discounts for students with high averages?

The Deans’ Council determines grants and discounts or cancellation of such at the beginning of each academic year. This will be announced at a later date.

* I am a graduate of an international school. Can I apply?

Yes, you can apply if you are a graduate of an international school with the IG, IB, or SAT2 qualification. Your certificate must undergo the equivalency procedures at the Ministry of Education and must accurately state your high school average.

* Can I come to the university and submit an application?

All admission applications are automated and you can submit an application from home or anywhere else. Click here and there is no need to attend the university in order to fill out the application.

* Is there a discount for siblings registered at the university at the same time?

Unfortunately, there is no such discount.

Frequently Asked Questions


I am a new student. How can I access the online student portal (student system)?

You can access the student portal via the following link: https://portal.psut.edu.jo

  • Enter the username (university number).
  • Next, enter the password that was given to you when you paid the fees and were issued a university number.
  • Then agree to the terms.
  • Then change the password.

I forgot the password for the student portal and my email. What should I do?

Enter the student portal via the following link: https://portal.psut.edu.jo

  • Click on the "Forgot your password?" link.
  • Then enter your username (university number).
  • Then place tick in front of "I am not a robot".
  • Then click on the "Send" button.

A message will be sent to your e-mail and your registered phone number, through which you can change your password.

  • Then return to the electronic student portal and enter the system.

I am a freshman, how can I access the e-mail?

After entering the online student portal for the first time and changing the password:

  • Enter the following link: www.gmail.com
  • Then enter your university email.
  • Then enter the same password for the online student portal.

Who do I contact when I have a problem or question related to registration or finance?

Via your university e-mail, you can send any question, inquiry or request to the e-services e-mail at dar@psut.edu.jo. The email will go directly to the Dean of Admissions and Registration, who will make the appropriate decision or forward it to the appropriate party.

 How do I know which courses I have registered for?

Enter the student portal via the following link: https://portal.psut.edu.jo

  • Then choose the "Register" menu.
  • Then choose "Table of registered courses".

How do I know who my academic advisor is?

When the academic department selects an academic advisor for you, you can find out who he/she is by entering the student portal via the following link: https://portal.psut.edu.jo

  • Then choose the "Student Data" menu.
  • Then choose "Student Profile".
  • Then browse the "Academic Data" section.

When can I receive my university ID?

When teaching begins, if you have a lecture or laboratory at the university, you can then visit the Deanship of Student Affairs. Before you receive your ID, you can use the financial receipt which shows your university number, along with your personal ID card, to enter the university and to enter the lectures.

 I have graduated. How can I obtain a clearance document and receive my certificates?

  1. Log in to the online student portal via the following link: https://portal.psut.edu.jo
  • Choose "Online Services".
  • Click on "Service Request".
  • Choose from the menu the "Clearance Application" service.
  • From the list of reasons, choose "Graduation".
  • Click on "Confirm".
  1. Visit the Deanship of Student Affairs to hand over your student ID. 
  2. Visit the library.
  3. Visit the School laboratories.
  4. Visit the Finance Department.
  5. Visit the Graduates Department to receive your certificates.

What is the minimum average for admission?

The minimum admission average for the majors of King Hussein School of Computing Sciences and King Talal School of Business Technology is 75%, and for King Abdullah II School of Engineering majors it is 80%. 

What are the admission requirements?

Please see the Deanship of Admissions and Registration’s page on the university's website through the following link.

What are the academic programs offered by the university?

You can find all the academic programs and disciplines offered by PSUT on the university's website through the following link.

Is priority given for admission according to the date of application?

There is no priority given for admission based on the date of application. An application received on the first day is treated the same as an application received on the last day. The important thing is that it is received within the specified application period.

How many choices should the student enter?

The student should enter three choices, arranged in order of preference.

What happens if the student fails to submit the required documents within the specified period?

The university has the right to cancel his/her admission.

Do I have the right to defer my admission to the following year?

Admission to undergraduate programs cannot be deferred, but you may reapply for admission in the following semester.

How will I know if I have been accepted to the university?

The names of students admitted to the university are announced on the PSUT website through the following link.

What are the conditions for transferring to PSUT from other universities?

Please see the Deanship of Admissions and Registration’s page on the university's website through the following link.

I am a student and I want to enter with a new number, what should I do?

You need the approval of the Dean of Admissions and Registration or the Deans’ Council. This is permitted in special cases such as the student raising his/her high school average or if the student has been out of school for a long time.

Is there private accommodation especially for PSUT students?

There is no private accommodation for PSUT students, but there are private residences for students near the university campus.

Does the university offer health insurance?

Yes, it does.

What is the university calendar?

It is an information source indicating the dates of the university’s academic activities of interest to students and university employees. These include the start and end of the academic year and semesters, the periods for dropping and adding courses, and final examination dates. (Please see the university calendar on the university's website).

What is the university number?

The number indicates the academic year in which the student joined the university, in addition to the student's serial number for that year and semester. Example: University number (20160105) means that the student registered for the first time in the 2016/2017 academic year and the serial number 105.

What is meant by ‘credit hours’?

Credit hours are the number of hours that a student must attend for a specific course each week throughout the semester. Example: A Mathematics course is worth (3) credit hours, meaning that the student must attend (3) hours per week for a period of (16) weeks in the regular semester.

What is the school year?

The academic year consists of two compulsory semesters of 16 weeks each, including the examination period, and an optional summer semester of 8 weeks, including the examination period.

What is the study plan?

A group of courses that the student must pass successfully to obtain a bachelor's degree in the specialization he/she is studying. It consists of university and School requirements and compulsory and optional courses in the chosen specialization.

What are the competency exams?

Every new student must take three competency exams during the first year of joining the university in the following subjects: Arabic, English, and computer skills, in order to determine his/her level in these subjects. If the student passes each exam, he/she is exempted from studying remedial courses. If the student fails any one of these exams, he/she must register for the remedial course in that subject. Each of these courses is worth 3 credit hours, and the hours for these courses are not counted as part of the study plan.

Can the student retake the competency exam in case he/she fails the first time?

No, that is not permissible.

Is a student who holds an ICDL certificate exempt from the examination and study of the remedial computer skills course?

Yes, any student who holds an ICDL certificate does not need to take the computer skills competency exam.

What is meant by a pre-requisite course?

It is the course that students are required to pass before studying another particular course. Example: The English Language Remedial Course (31029) is a prerequisite for the English Language Course (31121).

What is the grading system adopted at the university?

PSUT adopts the percentage score system; that is, from 100%.

Are the Military Sciences and National Education courses not compulsory for non-Jordanian students?

The National Education course is compulsory for all Jordanian students and optional for non-Jordanian students. The Military Science course is a compulsory requirement for Jordanian students, and non-Jordanian students must take an alternative course from the university's elective courses instead of Military Sciences.

How do I register my course schedule?

Via the online registration services available on the university's website: portal.psut.edu.jo

The student enters his/her university number, in addition to the password.

What is the maximum and minimum number of courses registered in the semester?

The maximum academic load is (18) credit hours for the regular semester, and (9) credit hours for the summer semester. This upper limit may be raised to (21) credit hours with the approval of the School dean provided that the student’s cumulative average stands at not less than (80%) at the end of the last semester completed.

The maximum academic load of the student expected to graduate is (22) hours in the regular semester and (12) hours in the summer semester. 

The minimum academic load for the student is (12) credit hours for the regular semester. This minimum may be decreased in justified cases, approved by the dean of the School, in which case the dean of Admissions and Registration must be informed in writing.

A student in his/her graduation semester is not bound to the minimum referred to in Paragraph 4 of this Article.

How does the university deal with closed course sections?

It is not possible to expand the closed sections, but in case of necessity, go to the Dean of the School responsible for the course.

How can a student change from one study plan to another?

The student must submit an official letter and get the approval of the Dean of the School and the Head of the Department.

What is the difference between withdrawal of a course and withdrawal from study?

Withdrawal of a course: this is the cancellation of registration of one or more courses registered by the student during the specified drop/add period, with a refund of tuition fees.

Withdrawal from study: This is the withdrawal of one or more courses that the student registered after the official start of study for the semester and until the end of the 15th week of the beginning of the study for the semester. The word “Withdrawn” is recorded for the course and the student loses the right to have fees refunded.

I am a student who paid the registration fees after the registration period had ended. Can I still register?

The registration period cannot be extended. However, in some special cases, a compelling excuse may be submitted to the Dean of Admissions and Registration for consideration with the approval of the course instructor and the dean concerned.

When can I study an alternative course in place of another? What are the conditions for that?

 If, in the student’s graduation semester, his/her graduation depends upon a course that does not appear in the course schedule, or is taught at a time that conflicts another course in his/her schedule, the dean of the School, upon the recommendation of the department council, may agree to allow the student to study an alternative course at a similar level or higher, provided the alternative is similar in content to the original course.

Is it possible to study some courses at another university?

It is only permissible if arranged through the university, such as within a cultural exchange program.

 How can I defer study? Is there a deadline for deferral?

The student must apply for deferral of the first or second semester before the start of the semester in order to have “Deferred” entered in his/her academic record. The deferred semester(s) are not calculated within the legal period for the maximum number of semesters to obtain the academic degree. If the semester begins and the student has not applied for deferral, his/her registration at the university is considered canceled, i.e. discontinued.

A student may defer study for a period not exceeding four semesters (and it may extend to 6 semesters with the approval of the Deans' Council), whether continuous or intermittent. A new or transfer student is not allowed to defer study, except after the completion of a full semester upon joining the university.

 What happens if a student misses lectures?

If the student misses more than (15%) of the total hours allocated for any course without a satisfactory or compelling excuse acceptable to the dean of the School, he/she shall be prohibited from sitting for the final exam. The result for the course in question shall be recorded as university zero. The student must retake it if the course is compulsory. In all cases, the result of this failure shall be included in the calculation of the student’s semester and cumulative averages, for the purposes of warnings and dismissal from the specialization.

 What happens if a student misses the final exam?

Anyone who misses a scheduled final exam is considered to have failed in that course. A failing mark of 35% will be recorded unless the student submits an acceptable excuse to the dean of the School, within a week of the date of the examination.

What is considered an acceptable excuse?

An acceptable excuse must be certified by the university’s accredited medical center, and the dean of the School to which the student belongs may approve or reject the report submitted. The student must submit the required medical report to the dean within a two-week period from the date of the student’s absence. The dean shall inform the instructors of the courses for which the student is registered of his decision.

What is the semester average? How is it calculated?

It is the average of the student’s marks gained in the courses he/she studied for a specific semester, and it is calculated as follows:

(Total number of credit hours x course marks) ÷ total number of hours registered for the semester.

What is the cumulative average? How is it calculated?

It is the average of all the subjects studied by the student from his/her study plan (pass or fail). The cumulative average is calculated in the same way as the semester average, except that the credit hours for any repeated courses are entered once in the total credit hours, and the last mark obtained by the student in this course is calculated.

How can I transfer from one specialization to another?

The student must apply during the period stated on the university calendar. The applicant is subject to the condition of existing vacancies and the cumulative average in the current specialization.

What is an academic warning?

The student is placed under the first warning if his/her cumulative average falls below (60%) at the end of any semester except for the summer semester. The Deanship of Admissions and Registration notifies the student of this on his/her website. The student who was placed under the warning must remove the reasons that led to him/her being placed under warning within a maximum period of two academic semesters (not including the summer semester) after the semester for which his/her unsatisfactory results were the cause of being placed under warning. If the student is unable to raise his/her cumulative average above 59%, he/she shall be dismissed from the specialization.

What are the student’s options if he/she is dismissed from their specialization?

He/she is entitled to register two irregular semesters with double fees.

He/she is entitled to apply for transfer to another specialization.

If the semester following the dismissal from the university ends, he/she is considered subject to final dismissal and is not entitled to return to the university.

 How do I register my course schedule after I have been transferred to non-regular studies?

For a student who is undergoing (non-regular) studies due to his/her low cumulative average, it is not possible to register through the online registration services. The student must visit the academic advisor in his/her School and use the course schedule registration form to record the courses he/she wishes to register, and then visit the Deanship of Admissions and Registration to complete the registration process.

What are the student’s options if his/her cumulative average falls below 50%?

Any student whose cumulative average falls below 50% shall leave the university permanently.

What is the legal maximum period for me to stay at the university?

The maximum duration of study for a Bachelor's degree (excluding summer semester and any deferred semesters) is as follows:

The specializations of the School of Engineering are (8) years, i.e. (16) semesters.

The specializations of the Schools of Business and Computing Sciences are (7) years, i.e. (14) semesters.

Is it permissible for a student who has completed the university’s graduation requirements with a low cumulative average, and wishes to raise that average, to study new courses or re-study courses in which he/she obtained low marks in order to obtain a higher ranking?

The student must submit a non-graduation request to the Dean of the School and obtain approval before the graduation decision is taken.