PSUT’s Scientific Research Council is formed from the Dean of the King Abdullah I School of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research as chairman, and six of the university’s faculty members as members. At least three of them must hold the rank of full professor, and the remaining members must hold the rank of associate professor. There are also two external members with knowledge and experience related to scientific research. All members are appointed by the president with the recommendation of the Dean of King Abdullah I School of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.
The Scientific Research Council assumes the following tasks and powers:
1. Implementing the university's policy for scientific research by organizing, supporting and encouraging scientific research at the university.
2. Strengthening the relations of researchers at the university with public and private sector institutions.
3. Approving scientific research projects submitted for support. Priority is given to joint projects with industrial or production sectors.
4. Discussing the scientific research annual budget and recommending it to the university.
5. Approval of final reports on projects supported by the university.
6. Considering the licensing of the written, verified and translated manuscripts after studying them and recommending their publication support to the president for approval. Also, recommending incentive schemes for outstanding researchers.
7. Discussing scientific research in the university and seeking new funding sources.