Joint Program with Indiana University-Bloomington (IU)
2+2 Dual-degree with Indiana University
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The student will study two years at PSUT (equivalent to 60 credit hours) and two years (open to a possible third year) at IU (equivalent to 60 credit hours). He/she is then eligible to receive two Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, a degree from each university. He/she may then take the option to obtain a Master’s degree in one additional academic year.
Stage 1: Complete 2 years (66) credit hours at PSUT, following a specific study plan (below).
Stage 2: Complete 2 years (60) credit hours at Indiana University
to obtain two Bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, one from each university.
- Minimum acceptable cumulative GPA in these courses is 75%. The minimum mark for each course is 68%.
- Conditions include obtaining an English language proficiency certificate.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 out of 4.0 upon graduation from IU.
In-state fees (resident fees) apply to PSUT students. Check here for updated prices.
What are the conditions of this 2+2 program?
- The student should be accepted to the Computer Science program at PSUT after meeting the University’s admission requirements. The student studies the first and second year at PSUT, following a specific study plan from day 1, completing 60 credit hours according to a specific study plan, with a minimum cumulative average of 75%.
- At this point, the student applies for admission to IU, which includes obtaining a TOEFL/IELTS English language proficiency certificate. For more information, check the following link: https://ois.iu.edu/admissions/apply/transfer/index.html
- The student must obtain a GPA of at least (2.0) out of (4.0) in his/her courses at IU in order to graduate.
- Upon completion of the required credit hours at IU, as specified in the study plan, the student requests a transcript from IU and submits it to the Deanship of Admissions and Registration at PSUT to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from PSUT in addition to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from IU, thus obtaining two certificates, one from each university.
Note: A maximum of five students will be accepted each year for this scholarship.
Things to know:
Useful IU Links:
For further information in Arabic click here. For English click here.
To download the brochure in Arabic click here. For English click here.